The DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate offers of the highest level of code signing benefits for software publishers – which includes avoiding warning messages from Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter
The DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate instantly builds trust with Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter. This reputation filter is notoriously difficult to build trust with. It can be a major a thorn in the side of software publishers due to the filter's irritating warning messages popping up and ruining potential download opportunities.
Turn the Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter from a roadblock into an ally with the DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate.
Offer a More Secure Experience
The DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate offers more security for both you and the end-users downloading your software.
Higher Security for Users – With the use of an encrypted digital signature, users can verify both the identity of the publisher and that the code has not been tampered with. Thanks to the trusted digital signature, users won't see warning messages—which is sure to provide the certainty users are looking for when making the decision to click that "install" button.
Higher Security AND Control for You – This certificate comes with a physical USB device with your private key stored on it. This makes sure that you and only you can sign code with your new DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate. This two-factor authentication gives you the ultimate control and security over your executable software files. You can even install this certificate on a hardware security module (HSM), which gives you greater flexibility (because anyone in your organization can now sign code) but you lose none of the control and security (because only authorized employees can access the HSM).
Like we said, this certificate truly comes with of the highest level of code signing benefits!
OV Code Signing Cert vs. EV Code Signing Cert
The DigiCert EV Code Signing Certificate is truly the most effective code signing certificate and it is worth every penny for most software publishers. However, there is a more affordable option: the DigiCert Code Signing Certificate. This cert reduces warning messages and also uses an encrypted digital signature to let users know that the code was not tampered with.
While this certificate will reduce warning messages, one of the major differences is that the OV code signing cert will not instantly build trust with the Microsoft SmartScreen reputation filter.
Encrypted digital signature
Requires validation of organization
Instant Microsoft SmartScreen reputation
Uses hardware token for added security
OV Code Signing
$560.58 per year
$556.46 per year
EV Code Signing
$773.02 per year
$766.62 per year
The Advantages of Buying from CheapSSLsecurity.com
- Our prices are what puts the "cheap" in CheapSSLsecurity.com! Our longstanding industry relationships allow us to offer the best prices on the market!!
- We also offer a 15-day worry-free money back guarantee!
- Shop from a very wide range of products and high-end cybersecurity brands!
DigiCert EV Code Signing Features & Benefits
- Avoid pesky warning messages, including pop up warning messages from Microsoft's SmartScreen® Application Reputation filter
- Allow end-users to feel more confident when downloading your software as they will have the ability to authenticate your identity and know if the code has been tampered with
- Protect your reputation with a higher level of security--two-factor authentication which includes an encrypted USB token that stores your private key
- The ability to install the certificate on a hardware security module (HSM) allows for employees to sign code without having to give up any control or security
- Use the optional timestamp feature to ensure users won't see warning messages even after you certificate expires
- You are sure to earn praise from potential or current partners and distributors with a certificate that shows a dedication to security and best practices